Please wait while loading content...
The DrayTek Vigor 2710 Series ADSL2/2+ routers are designed to be the ideal ADSL-sharing and firewall device for to the SoHo (Small Office / Home) user. They combine compatibility with all UK ADSL line types together with performance, features and price into an attractive, reliable and easy-to-use product, with the pedigree and thoughtful design DrayTek are renowned for. Wireless (WiFi) and VoIP equipped models further enhance the flexibility of the router and outgoing VPN makes it ideal as a teleworker router for your home VPN link to your main office.
A new style case for this range provides stylish looks and space saving design, allowing upright desk usage or wall-mounting. Cleverly conceived cable entry points also minimise the overall size of the unit.
The USB port can be used to connect a compatible USB printer to so that PCs on your network (wireless or wired) can all share access to that printer. If you want NAS (Network Attached Storage) you can connect a USB memory stick or USB hard drive to store files for everyone on your LAN or remote users to access by FTP or Windows file sharing.
Note: If you want to connect multiple USB devices at once, you will need to add a powered USB hub (not supplied).
- ADSL/ADSL2+ Router
- Compatible with ADSL, ADSL Max, ADSL2 &, ADSL2+
- Wireless - 802.11n (Draft 2.0) Wireless LAN
- Twin VoIP Phone Ports with POTS passthrough
- NAS Facility* - Add a USB memory key for shared LAN
storage/access (Requires USB Memory)
- USB Printer Port to share/access a printer
- Universal Plug'n'Play (uPnP)
- Object based Firewall
- Content Filtering & Access Control
- NAT Port redirection
- 4-Port 10/100BaseT Autosensing Ethernet Switch
- Wireless On/Off & WPS Buttons
- WMM - WiFi multimedia
- Dynamic DNS Posting, compatible with popular DDNS providers
- Easy configuration, monitoring & control from web-interface
- DNS Proxy/Cache & DHCP Server
- Dial-Out VPN Facilities
Wireless LAN Features
The Vigor 2710 Series routers with built-in Wireless LAN allow you to use your wireless equipped computers or laptops wirelessly, without needing a cable back to the router; this provides convenience and mobility in your home or office. By adding an additional Vigor 2710 wireless model, you can expand the wireless range using WDS (in repeater mode).
- 802.11n Draft 2.0 Compliant
- WiFi™ Certified
- 802.11b & 802.11g Compatibility
- WEP & WPA Wireless Encryption
- WDS - Wireless Distribution System for expanding wireless networks
- WPS - WiFi Protected Setup (allows easier setup of client devices)
- Wireless On/Off & WPS Trigger Switches
The Vigor 2710 Voice-over-IP equipped models provides a phone port allowing you to connect any regular telephone (cordless or corded) to make and receive voice calls using your Internet connection. Using industry standard SIP-protocols, this enables you to make free Internet calls to any other compapible SIP user, or calls to the regular phone network (PSTN / Landlines / Mobiles) via a VoIP gateway service such as VoIPtalk (or any other SIP compliant service).
- Phone socket for any regular telephone
- SIP-compliant, compatible with VoIPtalk and other VoIP providers
- Support for up to six simultaneous different SIP providers
- Analogue Phone Line integration, switching & failover.
- Least Cost Routing (Digit-map) - Pre-select VoIP provider or PSTN for different call types
- Make VoIP calls free-of-charge to any other compatible VoIP user, worldwide
- Make low cost calls to any phone worldwide at low rates
- Receive calls on your own real telephone number
You can make free calls to or from other compatible VoIP users worldwide (it doesn't have to be another Vigor router, it can be a softphone on a PC or other hardware). Via a PSTN gateway, you can make calls to any regular telephone line or mobile phone worldwide. You can use any VoIP providers, as long as they are "SIP compliant". Pre-set 'QoS assurance' automatically gives priority to VoIP traffic so that call quality is maximised from your available Internet bandwidth. Selectable codecs allow you to tune your ideal VoIP parameters for best call quality and bandwidth use.
POTS & VoIP Access from one phone
In addition to the ADSL Line, the Vigor2701Vn model connects to your regular analogue phone line too so with just a single phone on your desk, you can choose to make calls using VoIP via the Internet or switch over to your POTS line (your normal phone line) and dial out via the PSTN (the conventional phone network). By setting up the LCR (Least Cost Routing) facility, you can automate this process so that the router automatically sets your preferred route for calls, according to your own rules. Then, depending on the destination dialled, the router will use either your POTS line or one of up to 4 VoIP/SIP providers/gateways (for example VoIPtalk).
POTS & VoIP Access from one phone
Incoming calls can be received too - either from POTS or VoIP - the phone will ring on either. With automatic failover, in the event of power loss, the Vigor automatically switches your phone over to the POTS line so that you can still make/receive calls. Additionally, if you have a VoIP phone number (SIP Address) in the speed dial memory, you can also specify a backup phone number for each entry, so in the event of Internet loss, the router will automatically dial an alternative number via your regular telephone line.
Network Attached Storage (NAS)
The Vigor 2710 Series's USB port can also be used to add storage memory to the unit in the form of a USB memory key (as shown right) or for higher capacity a USB hard drive (normally requires its own power). The Vigor 2710 then provides FTP access file uploading/downloading which can be from the local LAN or from anywhere on the Internet - ideal for a simple to deploy file depository. Access can be 'public' or using usernames and passwords, each of which can have their own directories and/or file access rights. As well as FTP, file sharing is available as a Windows 'network drive'. Using Internet Explorer, you can access, read and write the contents of the USB drive.
Be the first to write a review.
Do you want to find out more about VoIP in general? Check out our VoIP FAQ
VoIPtalk ships products to any destination worldwide. View our Shipping & Returns policy for more information.
Are you interested in becoming a reseller of our products? Contact us now for more information.