Configuration Of Trixbox Behind A NAT Firewall Setup
- Be sure the LAN/Private address is statically assigned to the Trixbox server.
- Check the following ports on your firewall:
- UDP Port 5060 is for SIP communication.
- UDP Port 5060-5082 range, SIP communications.
- UDP Port 10000 - 20000 is for RTP - the media stream, voice/video channel.
- Check etc/hosts file, put the same name as you gave the Trixbox server in the hosts file under the address 127.0.0.1 - ie.:
127.0.0.1 localhost asterisk.localhost mytrixbox.mytrixbox.com (name of your server)
- Trixbox setup:
If your Trixbox is behind a Nat firewall you must also edit the sip_nat.conf file. Go to the Trixbox home page, then select administrator mode. Select from PBX -> Config File Editor , click on sip_nat.conf and insert the following lines:
externip = your_external_ip_address localnet = internal.network.address_of_your machine/255.255.255.0Click on update and then restart the machine!